Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the objective of the ‘Mero Rukh Mero Santati’ initiative?
This is a novel green initiative of the Government of Sikkim to strengthen the connect between parents, children and nature by planting trees to commemorate child birth.
2. Is it a mandatory for all new parents to participate in this initiative?
This is a voluntary initiative, but all parents are urged to join hands and contribute to this noble cause.
3. Who are eligible for this initiative?
Parents of newly born children are eligible for this initiative.
4. How will parents come to know about this initiative?
- ASHA, Anganwadi workers, gram panchayats, urban local bodies and forest staff need to make the parents aware about this
initiative even before the child is born.
- For this, all the ASHAs and Anganwadi workers will be made aware about this initiative by organizing sensitization workshops at the Block level.
- Forest department will also proactively nudge new parents who have not registered for this initiative in coordination with the Health Department by comparing with the Birth Registration Data.
5. How can parents register for this initiative?
Multiple options have been provided to ensure that no parent gets left out.
- A 'Hi' or 'Hello' message can be sent on WhatsApp No. +91 7431000333. If birth certificate is available same can be provided as well.
Following this, a link to the parent enrollment form will be shared which needs to be filled up online. Once successfully registered,
parents will receive a congratulatory message from the Hon’ble Chief Minister on the mobile or email.
- Parents can also directly register online by accessing the website www.sikkimforest.gov.in/mrms
- Parents may also register online taking the support of the concerned ASHA, Anganwadi workers, gram panchayats, urban local bodies, forest staff.
- Registration can also be done using the hardcopy enrollment forms made available with the concerned ASHA, Anganwadi workers, gram panchayats, urban local bodies and forest staff.
6. What are the tangible benefits for the parents?
The forest department will coordinate the planting of 100 saplings in the land identified by the parents. Post planting, the parents will receive a Plantation Certificate.
7. How do I get the saplings for planting?
During enrollement, information pertaining to the choice of species, number of plants, location etc. needs to be indicated. Based on this, the forest department will contact the parents during favourable plantation season or Santati Saptah during the month of July .
8. Where can I plant the birth trees?
The birth trees can be planted either on private land, community land or nearby forest land.
9. Do I get desired species of saplings for planting?
Yes, as far as possible.
10. When will this plantation take place?
Plantations will be carried out during the planting season preferably during the Santati Saptah from 7th -14th July every year.
11. Will some support be provided to plant 100 saplings?
Based on the ‘plantation demand placed’, the forest department will get in touch with the parents and coordinate the planting programme with them.
12. Who will own the planted saplings?
When planted in private lands, the land owner will own the birth trees.
13. Where can I get additional information on this initiative?
There are multiple channels available:
» WhatsApp No.: +91 7431000333
» Email: email@example.com
» Website: www.sikkimforest.gov.in/mrms